Most people, when they think of chicken tenders they are thinking of the ones that are coated in a batter or breadcrumbs and deep-fried.
Grilled chicken tenders are also delicious and they are must more healthy for you.
You are going to love this grilled chicken tender recipe!
If you don’t have a grill you can always make this in a frying pan or even cook them in the oven, but Grilling is the best!
In most grilled chicken recipes, the chicken is marinated. In this recipe, we’re not going to marinate the chicken. We are just going to season it for some good flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on them I may get a small commission with no additional cost to you. you can read about my affiliate disclosure.
Prepare the Grill
Go ahead and scrape your grill and get it up to temperature. For the temp, shoot for something around 450 degrees.
It’s usually a good idea to oil your grill grates but in this recipe, we’ll be putting avocado oil on the chicken tenders and that should be enough to keep them from sticking.
It is always a good idea to have a safe zone on your grill. What is a safe zone? If you have a 3 burner or 4 burner grill keep one side off so you can pull your chicken or beef over if you’re dealing with to many flare-ups.
My go-to Grill is the Weber Genesis Grill!
Prep the chicken tenders
A lot of the times your chicken tenders have a tenon that sticks out of the chicken tender.
It’s okay to go ahead and cook this tenon but if it’s too much I like to remove what is hanging off the tender by trimming it with a knife.
Now that you’ve got the chicken tenderloins trimmed up and ready to go, put them into a bowl so we can season them.
Season the chicken tenders
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
Drizzle the avocado oil over the chicken tender. Mix them until they are completely covered with the oil.
Mix all the spices together in a separate bowl and then add them to the bowl with the chicken and mix it thoroughly.
The Best Grilled Chicken Tenderloins
Time to grill them up! Put them on those hot grill grates to get those great-looking grill marks.
Just remember that these are going to grill quickly so you don’t want to leave them.
To get great tasting grilled chicken tenders you want to be sure you don’t overcook them.
As you monitor them closely you want to pull them off the grill when they hit 160 degrees or just under.
As the chicken tenders rest they will go up a few degrees.
Different ways to eat grilled chicken tenders
I really think the best way to eat these delicious tenders is with your favorite ranch dressing. Drizzle it over the tenders and go to town!
Put these on your favorite salad sliced up and use ranch dressing, you will not be disappointed. You can heat them up or go for it when they’re chilled.
These grilled tenders go great with rice pilaf and a veggie like broccoli. You could also add them to a taco or quesadilla dish.
This is an overall great chicken to have on hand for when you just need to add a delicious protein to a dish.
Let me know how you used them and what you think in the comments below.
Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Prepare the chicken tenderloins – Trim any access to tenderloins pat them dry and add them to a bowl.
- Season – Add all the seasoning to a bowl and mix them together. Take the avocado oil and add it to the chicken tenders. You want to coat them thoroughly.
- Preheat the grill – You want to bring the temp of the grill up to 400 degrees.
- Grill the chicken tenderloins – lay the chicken on the grill. You’re going to want to keep an eye on them seeing they are so thin. They are going to cook quick!
- After the bottom gets that golden brown color from the grill grates go ahead and flip them. You now have no more than 5 minutes left.
- Temp -Take out your trusty thermometer and pull them off the grill when they read 160 degrees.
- Enjoy – Add some of your favorite ranch dressing and enjoy!